Bari to Saranda (Sarandë) and Sarandë to Bari ferry is run by just one ferry company – Ventouris Ferries. Ferries are crossing from both ports from mid-July to early September, twice a week. The journey between Sarandë and Bari lasts 11 hours with an overnight ferry sailing between Albania and Italy, crossing the Ionian Sea. The distance between Bari and Saranda is 161 nautical miles (about 298 km).
Update: This is a newly introduced summer holidays ferry route connecting Italy with Albania. Here are the schedules, booking and prices:
Schedules and timetables Bari – Sarandë Ferry
|Days||Departures Bari||Arrival Saranda|
|First departure at 15.07||Wednesday 22:00||Thursday 09:00|
|Sunday 22:00||Monday 09:00|
|Last departure 02.09||Wednesday 22:00||Thursday 09:00|
Schedules and timetables Sarandë – Bari Ferry
|Days||Departures Saranda||Arrival Bari|
|First departure on 16.07||Thursday 21:00||Friday 08:00|
|Monday 21:00||Tuesday 08:00|
|Last departure on 03.09||Thursday 21:00||Friday 08:00|
- Twice a week summer ferry
- Saranda to Bari and back is an overnight crossing
The usual timetable is a departure from Bari at 22:00 arrival following morning in Saranda at 09:00. Departure from Saranda at 21:00 and arrival in Bari following morning at 08:00. Check carefully the latest schedules for your chosen dates – see here.
Deck and Cabin Prices
|Cabin Type||Deck and Cabin Fares||Mid Season (EUR)||High Season (EUR)|
|A2||2 bed outside cabin with shower & WC||140||150|
|A3||3 bed outside cabin with shower & WC||130||149|
|A4||4-bed outside cabin with shower & WC||120||130|
|B2||2 bed outside without facilities||100||120|
|B3||3 bed inside without facilities||105||115|
See the article about ferry cabins & how to choose your cabin
Car Ferry Prices
|Cars, Minibus, Caravans Prices||Mid season (EUR)||High season (EUR)|
|Cars & SUVs||60||80|
|Caravans, Baggage trailers, Boat trailers up to 3.00 m length||45||65|
|Minibuses, Caravans, Campers, Baggage trailers, Boat trailers from 3.01 m to 5.00 m length||80||100|
|Minibuses, Caravans, Campers, Baggage trailers, Boat trailers from 5.01 m to 7.00 m length||120||140|
|Minibuses, Caravans, Campers, Baggage trailers, Boat trailers over 7.01 m length||150||170|
|Motorcycles & Scooters||35||45|
As this is the overnight crossing is advisable to book the cabin or seat well in advance and wear suitable clothing and footwear.
Boarding the ferry
- Check details and the location of the Saranda ferry port including where to park, where to store your luggage and how to get there
- Check the location of Bari ferry port including where to check-in, where to store your luggage, how to get there and where to get your boarding pass.
- Arrive in the departure terminal at least 3 hours prior to departure and make sure, if you are starting from Bari, to get your boarding pass well in advance (see info here). This is not important if you are starting from Saranda as check-in and boarding are on the same location.
- Have your travel documents, including visa, ready for border crossings
- If you booked a cabin, pick up your cabin keys at the ferry’s reception. If you are deck passenger, just proceed to deck or lounge.